Selling a Manufactured Home in Houston, TX
If you are thinking about selling a mobile home in Houston and need an overview of the process, you have come to the right place.
Let’s look at the biggest question mobile homeowners ask:
How hard is it to sell a manufactured home?
The answer depends entirely on one thing: do you own the land your manufactured home is on? If the answer is yes, it will be relatively simple to sell.
On the other hand, if you do not own the land that your manufactured home is sitting on, selling it will be harder. Not impossible, just more complex.
In this article, we’ll tell you exactly why.
How to Sell a Manufactured Home Fast in Houston
Usually, the fastest route to selling a mobile home is when your buyer is an investor. This means the buyer won’t be purchasing the manufactured to live in it; they’ll be buying it as a renovation, rental, and eventual sales investment.
When you sell to an investor, much of the traditional home selling process gets collapsed into a few simple steps.
For more information on selling a manufactured home at lightning speed in Houston, scroll to the bottom of this article (look for the heading, “How to Sell a Mobile Home Quickly”).
Read this if you own the land underneath your manufactured home in Houston, TX
When you own your manufactured home as well as the land that it sits on, the selling process is very similar to regular real estate.
If you choose to sell your Houston manufactured home yourself, in which case you’ll handle the advertising, showings, negotiations, contract, and closing arrangements with the title company.
If you don’t have the time or expertise for this, you can enlist the help of a realtor, and he or she will handle most of this work for you.
What if I don’t own the land under my manufactured home?
Most people with manufactured homes live in mobile home parks and lease their lots from the park owner. This is called a “lot-lease” situation, meaning they don’t own the land, just the vehicle itself.
When you don’t own the land that your manufactured home is sitting on, the selling process is completely different, because your home isn’t technically “real estate”. Instead, it is considered “chattel”, or personal property, just like a car.
Parks have occupancy rules and regulations, and the new owner of your home must abide by them, too.
The park owner will need documentation that the new owner will be compliant; he or she may also have the right to vet your potential buyer, and even veto them if they don’t think they will comply. This makes the sales process more complex.
Before investing a lot of work into marketing your home for sale, check if the park owner has what’s called the “first right of refusal” or the “right to the first refusal.”
What does the right to the first refusal, or first right of refusal, mean?
Both of these terms mean the park owner has the right to buy your manufactured home if he or she matches a buyer’s offer. Right to the first refusal is a way the park owner can maintain control over who lives in their park.
What are the buyer financing options for manufactured homes in Houston?
It is harder to get a traditional mortgage for a lot-leased mobile home than a mobile home on its own land. Some lenders will finance a lot-lease mobile home, but unfortunately, not many will agree to this.
Here is how to sell your manufactured home in Houston.
- Work with an investor who can help you get rid of your manufactured home quickly.
- Our team has ample resources to purchase your home from you and fix up, sell, or rent your home.
- We will visit your home and assess its value.
- We make you a cash offer so that you can close it in as little as 4 to 7 days!
- If there are any situations with the park owner, legal documentation, or other necessities, we take care of all of that for you.
How to Sell a Mobile Home Quickly in Houston, TX
As we mentioned earlier in this article, the fastest way to sell a manufactured home in Houston is by letting an investor like Houston Capital Home Buyers (HCHB) purchase it.
Why sell your mobile home to an investor?
Let’s make this simple – here are 5 reasons why selling your mobile home to HCHB is fast, easy, and safe.
- Mobile home investors give you fewer hoops to jump through. The selling process is usually efficient and straightforward, with far fewer requirements than a traditional sale.
- HCHB is an established and reputable company that has over 12 years of mobile home investing in Houston, Texas.
- The Better Business Bureau has granted us an A+ rating.
- At HCHB, we have purchased over $26 million worth of homes in Houston, Texas. With over 200 homes bought and over 400 families helped out of their selling problems, we know how to get the best outcome for all involved.
- Our accumulated experience in real estate transactions gives us the ability to work confidently with people in all types of situations. Our customers know they’re in professional hands when they choose to work with HCHB.
How does selling your mobile home in Houston work? There are three easy steps:
- Give us a call, and tell us about your mobile home – including its size, age, condition, special additions, and any other useful information!
- After confirming your details, a friendly member of our team will visit your mobile home to assess its value.
- After the assessment, we will make you a cash offer and schedule a sale close in as few as 4-7 days.
Mobile home selling FAQs!
Will there be mobile home inspections? Don’t worry. Our only inspection is a basic assessment of the property to inform us of its value. No other inspections are necessary.
Will I need to notify the park owner? We’ll handle all the necessary documentation for you.
Is selling a mobile home to an investing company legal? Yes, of course. We use a title company to handle the paperwork and execute the closing.
Wrapping It Up
People sell manufactured homes in Houston, TX, all the time, and you can sell yours much faster than you think.
The selling process is more complicated if you don’t own the land under the home, but it is still possible.
For a fast sale of your Texas manufactured home, consider selling it to an investor such as HCHB.