Right now, the housing marketing is very good in certain areas of the country. Right now, the average price for a home is increasing by about 2% each year in the Houston area. That trend of growth is anticipated to continue during the coming years. If you are a homeowner, you might want to consider taking advantage of good home prices by selling your home with Houston Capital Home Buyers instead of a real estate agent. Let’s take a look at some of the different reasons that you might want to consider selling your home to us.
Your Home Needs Some Work, But You Don’t Want To Go Into Debt To Fix It
Fixing a home is expensive. A renovation is going to cost anywhere from $15,000 (low end) all the way up to $100,000 to $200,000 (full-house renovation). Some people will take out a second mortgage for a home renovation. Other people will try to find other forms of financing. Instead of going into debt to fix your existing home, you could easily sell your existing home quickly and have a larger down payment for your next home.
You Have Financial Issues That You Want To Rectify
Surprisingly, only 1.16% of housing units typically go into foreclosure per year in the United States. Financial issues do happen. Nationwide, 12 percent of single-family homes report being behind on their payments. This number is typically a little bit higher with manufactured homes, with 28% of owners behind on their payments. If your home is a very huge financial strain, you may consider selling it with Houston Capital Home Buyers. Selling your home will help you get into a more affordable housing situation and help you avoid a foreclosure or bankruptcy, which will hurt your credit for years.
You’ve Inherited a Home That You Don’t Want To Deal With
Even though you’ve been given a home, you may be inheriting a plethora of other issues that you don’t want to deal with. Here are some of the situations that people commonly encounter when they inherit a home, whether they choose to live in it or rent it:
- You may end up paying on an existing mortgage if the inherited home is not free and clear of debt.
- The home may not be in good physical condition and you may actually end up paying more to fix it than what it’s worth.
- If you rent an inherited home, you may end up having to fix it to bring it up to code if there is no grandfather clause in your area.
- You may end up with more expenses if you rent the property, like property management and upkeep expenses that you won’t want to deal with.
- There may be other “sunk costs” in an inherited home; depending upon where you live, you may be responsible for more property taxes, city expenses, and other fees.
If you are looking to sell your home, look no further than Houston Capital Home Buyers. We can easily help you get a quote on your home in 24 hours and have your home sold for you in as soon as 7 days.