If you are wanting to sell your home, there might be a few obstacles that come from going through a conventional channel. Traditional channels include realtors, for sale by owner (FSBO), and owner financing. Let’s take a look at these unique situations and see how you might benefit from a fast cash offer on your home.
Your home is overpriced
Sometimes, your home might be overpriced, even if it is listed at fair market value. If you have an asking price of $400,000 on your home and you are getting offers of $350,000, you might need to go through a different channel to sell your home. Here are some reasons that your home might be overpriced:
- Some of the renovations that you did failed to add as much value to your home as you thought they would.
- Your home is in a neighborhood with a higher crime rate, lack of local amenities, or the homes surrounding yours are not in good condition.
- Your home might be older and could potentially need major repairs for the price that you are asking.
Your home is in poor condition
You could have a home that needs some major work. Some people are looking for a home that has no major issues whatsoever. If you have the following issues present in your home, you might not be able to sell it through traditional channels:
- Cracks or leaks in your foundation.
- A basement that isn’t finished.
- Major electrical or plumbing work that needs done.
- Structural work or repairs, such as a new roof.
- Any issue where your home is not up to code.
If your home is in a poor location where there is a high crime rate, lack of amenities (such as a good school district), or no access to public transportation, selling your home at a higher price point is going to be hard.
No good realtor
If you have a realtor who is having a hard time selling your home, you might want to consider a different method to selling your home. Poor realtors will sometimes have a hard time being available to do home showings, might be new to their area, or have other selling priorities that they are more focused on.
With the market what it is, homes tend to move pretty quickly. However, homebuyers are also looking for a certain type of home. You might have a hard time selling a home if it’s older or you live in an area where people are moving out of. You might also not have the right marketing for your home if you are not having buyers close on it quickly.
If you are dealing with any of these conditions, a fast cash offer from a company like Houston Capital Home Buyers can help you sell your home quickly.